CompTIA Security+ SY0-501
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills needed to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
Who Should Attend
CompTIA Security+ is aimed at IT professionals with job roles such as security architect, security engineer, security consultant/specialist, information assurance technician, security administrator, systems administrator and network administrator.
What You Will Learn
This course prepares participants to take the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam. On course completion, you will be able to:
- Detect various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts
- Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security
- Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design
- Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls
- Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact
- Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure
What your registration includes:
- Instructor-led classroom training
- Course book and study materials
- Hands-on labs and practice exams
- Daily lunch, snacks, and beverages are included
Allows students to stay focused on training and minimizes local travel during the training days
- Networking opportunities
- Our small class sizes ensure individualized instruction for every participant
- Registration for the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 examination
This course prepares students to take the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam on site at the end of the course. Our training center is a PearsonVue Test Center. We deliver the exam on the day after the last day of the class. The examination fee is included in the course price.
The following skills are recommended for participants in this training:
- Know the functions and features of a PC operating system
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as OSI Model, Topology, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, switches, routers)
- Understand TCP/IP addressing, core protocols, and troubleshooting tools
- Indicators of Compromise
- Critical Security Controls
- Security Posture Assessment Tools
- Incident Response
Identity and Access Management
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Identification and Authentication
- Identity and Access Services
- Account Management
Architecture and Design (1)
- Secure Network Design
- Firewalls and Load Balancers
- IDS and SIEM
- Secure Wireless Access
- Physical Security Controls
Architecture and Design (2)
- Secure Protocols and Services
- Secure Remote Access
- Secure Systems Design
- Secure Mobile Device Services
- Secure Virtualization and Cloud Services
- Disaster Recovery and Resiliency
- Risk Management
- Secure Application Development
- Organizational Security
Schedule and Location
All of our CompTIA certification classes are available in our training center. Click here to view our training calendar. All classes marked GTR are Guaranteed To Run.
We also offer custom on-site training. Please contact us to discuss our onsite training options.
CompTIA Certification Exams
Take the Exam on-site at the end of the course. Our training center is a PearsonVue Test Center. We deliver the exam on the day after the last day of the class. The examination fee is included in the course price.
Travel and Accommodations
The Aimpoint training center is centrally located in Clearwater with easy access via major highways for students traveling from west central Florida. We are also convenient to airports in St. Petersburg and Tampa for distance students. Accommodations
We offer a discounted corporate room rate with the Courtyard by Marriott hotel near our training center. The room rate includes transportation to/from our classroom daily and pickup and drop off at the St Petersburg/Clearwater airport. No rental car needed! Contact us after you register and we will provide the link to reserve a room at the hotel using our corporate rate discount. Lunch
Lunch is included in your registration fee. This makes it easy to stay focused on training and minimizes local travel during the training days.
Military and Group Discounts
Please contact us before you register to receive your discount coupon code.